So much more than just pixels
Fernando is a Product Designer driven by curiosity and a desire to enhance the quality of online experience by creative deployment of New Media design technology. He enjoys working with diverse clients and fully embraces the challenge of designing for different target groups and budgets.
He currently works as a UI/UX Designer at Sigma Infosolutions in Irvine, California. He previously worked at LiveUniverse where he had the opportunity to collaborate very closely with MySpace founder Brad Greespan for a wide variety of clients, including ESPN, Warner Brothers, Flurl and LiveVideo amongst others. He has a Bachelor of Science degree in Interactive Media Design from the Art Institute of California in Los Angeles.
For the last few years, he has been focusing on User Experience, Interface and Web Design, but he also loves photography. He keeps developing these skills and interests in his work and personal projects.Besides being interested in most visual forms of expression, he also has a particular fondness for languages; besides Spanish, his native language, he is also fluent in English, French, Italian, and ASL. What fascinates him about languages is their structure and logic on one hand and the door they open to other cultures thus giving him a much wider appreciation for other cultures on the other. View or download his resume here: Fernando Tellez PDF
7/2015 – PresentUI/UX Designer - Sigma Infosolutions• Collaborate with Interactive and Mobile product development teams, Software Solutions Engineering and other stakeholders to design new interfaces and world class user experiences for the lending marketplace.
• Lead UX design on ground-breaking mobile applications that redefine the lending market landscape.
• Establish UX design as the first stage of all web and mobile application developments, instituting a user-centered design (UCD) approach.
• Define UX requirements, develop interactive wireframes and mockups, produce style guides, and engage with development teams to realize design visions.
3/2010 – 6/2015Creative Director - Consultant• Designed and developed innovative solutions for a wide variety of web and mobile design projects; from layout concept, user interface and graphic design to front-end development.
4/2013 – 11/2014Web Designer - Yamaha Music Interactive• Created sketches, wireframes, low/high-fidelity mockups, prototypes, and final designs.
• Designed adaptive, responsive, and mobile websites for Yamaha Music Interactive.
• Redesigned Yamaha MusicSoft website and iOS applications with new layout and content.
• Produced design specifications and style guides including layouts, color palettes, typography, buttons, icons, and other user interface elements.
3/2011 – 9/2012Interactive Designer - The Orange County Register• Applied interactive design knowledge including visual design, front-end development, usability, and technology standards to create and maintain communication between content creators, products, and users.
3/2007 – 2/2010Senior Web Designer - LiveUniverse• Worked closely with LiveUniverse’s CEO and founder of MySpace, Brad Greenspan, creating a web identity and user experience for a major online entertainment network.
• Designed websites according to pre-established client specs and oversaw design process, starting from layout concept design, and user experience to final launch.
3/2004 –1/2007Web Graphic Designer - San Diego Museum of Man• Designed web and print marketing and fundraising materials creating a unified look for all museum exhibitions.
• Designed and developed prototypes, banners, and layout concepts for the museum’s website.
5/1996 –1/2003Personnel Specialist - United States Navy